Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sock Yarn Projects


As I have mentioned before, I love buying sock yarn.  Especially self striping sock yarn.  I usually buy it with the intention of actually using it for socks, but sometimes the yarn just doesn't want to be socks!  I have two nice baskets full of sock yarn.   So I decided to start using it for a couple of projects that I love. 


 
A Sock Yarn Scarf
I've seen plenty of shawls made from scrap sock yarn, but decided for myself I would just make a scarf by creating a tube of scraps.  I'll just seam the ends flat and put a nice fringe or edging of some sort and call it good. 



A Sock Yarn Blanket
I have seen this blanket on Pinterest, Ravelry, all over the internet really.  At first I thought that it sounded crazy!  Then, when you realize that the pattern is a simple memorization, there's no joining seams, and that I didn't have to impose any deadlines on myself to finish it, it seemed like the perfect project.

This time of year I spend a lot of time at baseball practice fields/games and both of these projects are great for throwing in my bag and working on while on the go.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!