Friday, October 5, 2012

Won Ton Soup

~ This is a recipe I posted a long time ago on my old blog and I thought it was time to bring it back out since I still use it frequently ~

Green Tea Garden Gourmet WonTon Soup

(my version of a wonderful wonton soup we used to enjoy at the local chinese restaurant when we lived in California)

2 large boxes chicken broth or broth from cooking your chicken
4 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1/2 bunch bok choy, chopped
1 small carrot, slivered
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
1 small bag cooked shrimp
ground ginger and chinese five spice powder to taste
ground pepper to taste
1 package won ton wrappers


Put chicken broth in large stewpot (Use the boxed chicken broth or the broth from cooking your chicken).  Add remaining ingredients except won ton wrappers. Let simmer 20 minutes. Cut wonton wrappers into strips. Drop into simmering soup and serve.
Sometimes if time permits I chop another package of won ton wrappers into strips and quickly fry for crispy noodles to add to soup when eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!