Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thankful Thursday



{Pine Lake, TN  2010}


Happy Thursday!  Or as we like to say ... you can see Friday from here.  Here are a few things I am especially thankful for on this beautiful fall Thursday.



*Beautiful weather -- today started out in the low 60's and is going to end up in the high 80's.  The thought of these type of days coming along are what keep us going all through the scorching hot Texas summers.

*Milestones - A teenager who got her first job yesterday!  Madison took the inititive and went into the new BBQ restaurant opening here in our town to get a job application.  The manager interviewed her and hired her on the spot.  She is over the moon excited. 

*A great job - I love my new job I started this past summer.  I have always gone back and forth about working and staying home.  I'm so "the grass is always greener" about it.  When I'm working I want to be at home and when I am at home I am bored and want to be working.  And I'm all or nothing.  I tried part time and it wasn't any better for me.  So I am back to working full time and I love it!  I think it's a mixture of kids being older, fantastic company I am working for and my own attitude.

*My health - Sometimes I feel like my body is older than my age.  Several factors have made for a stressful year healthwise for me.  I am learning to stop and take care of myself better.  I can't keel over just yet.

*New knitting group - I have known for a long time about this group that meets at the local coffee shop.  I've even joined their Ravelry group.  But until this summer I had never attended one of the Monday night knitting meetings.  I finally just showed up one night and they were so welcoming.  I still don't get there every week but try to steel away for a few hours of knitting, conversation and good coffee a couple of Monday's a month.  There are alot of spinners and dyers there so someone always has some new fiber freshly spun or dyed  for sale that somehow finds its way into my knitting bag.  Seriously, I think I've spent money on yarn every week I've gone!

So, what are you thankful for lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!