Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Olympics



I just love when it's time for the Olympics!  Don't you?  We sat glued to our couch last weekend from Opening Ceremonies straight through to Sunday night.  My boys like seeing the USA Basketball team.  I like the swimming and beach volleyball.  Of course it makes you feel so lazy sitting on the couch watching these people in such good shape.  Thankfully, the feeling passes quickly! 


I am participating in Ravelry's Ravellenic Games, which documents knitting and crocheting done during Olympic watching.    I hope to get at least a couple of new things either finished or well on their way to finished.   During the Opening Ceremonies I started this Giant Granny Square Blanket.


I used some scraps but went on a small shopping trip to Michael's last week and bought about 6 skeins of new yarn in some cute colors.  I am thinking I'll need a few more since each row is starting to take a big chunk of a skein!  Not sure how big it's going to be.  I guess I will just stop when it seems right.




I have been working on this knitted cowl in jazzy green on and off for a while.  I keep putting it aside thinking it's a long time off until cowl weather.  It's hard to think about keeping my neck warm when it's 108 degrees outside.  But it's time to get it finished so I think I'll work on it after the giant granny. 

What is your favorite event in the Olympics?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!