Thursday, August 9, 2012

9









Today Cullen turns 9.  He's certainly not a baby anymore in his eyes.  But to me he is still the last minute, "maybe we should have one more", "I'm not too old for one more" baby.  After having the perfect little girl who was so easy, it never occured to me that another one wouldn't be exactly the same.  Wow was I in for a shock.  I remember Greg, Madison and I going to the ultrasound to find out what the baby was going to be and it never had even occured to me that it wouldn't be another girl.  Really I hadn't!  When they said boy I was shocked.  Greg and Madison were excited but I remember going to lunch afterwards and feeling shock and not wanting to eat.  Then, when we was born at almost 9lbs. with a head of SHOCKINGLY red hair I thought well, he's so cute, he must be perfect.  But I should have known this one was going to give me a run when he wouldn't sleep, wouldn't eat, had several medical problems early on and just kept us moving all the time.   And nine years later he is still keeping us on our toes. This child has seen the inside of several ER's.  He never takes the easy road to anything.  But he is also completely happy in his own skin.  He is quirky.  I tell people he is either keeping me young or killing me.  Depends on the day. 

Now he is 9.  Ready to start 3rd grade.  Starting another season of baseball and VERY excited about moving up to kid-pitch.  His love for Legos still hasn't wavered.  He has a group of boys all his age on our street and they have had a great summer playing from one house to the next.  He still refuses to learn to swim, hates getting his hair cut and wants to wear the same pair of shorts every day. 

He gets up in the morning and has to have his morning cuddle with mom before he starts his day.  I joke that he will never leave me cause he's all mine.  We are just alike in looks and termperment. 

I like to think what a boring world it would be around here without our Culleybear.  He's pretty great and we will be celebrating him this weekend with a trip to Legoland Discovery Center, a TX Rangers game and probably another fifty thousand new legos coming into my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!