Sunday, February 12, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup

It was really cold here this weekend and I wanted to have some soup waiting in the crock pot.  So I took several different Chicken Tortilla Soup recipes I had bookmarked and combined them into something I thought we would like.  It turned out exactly how I wanted.  Not too spicy for the kids but just right for us adults.  The flavors are deep and it was perfect for warming us up on a cold night.

**I don't profess to have any revolutionary recipes on here.  I am sure everyone has some of the same ideas and recipes.  I just put them here so that I know where to find them when I am looking for them again.

1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 can enchilada sauce
1 can Rotel
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 medium onion, diced
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can kernel corn
1 can chicken broth
2 teas. taco seasoning mix
1 teas crushed bay leaf
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in crock pot. Cook for 4-6 hours on high. Serve with lime wedges, shredded cheese, sour cream and tortilla strips.

I can't wait to have leftovers tomorrow for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!