Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chicken Enchilada Pasta Bake

I was really in the mood for some of my favorite Sour Cream Chicken Encliladas.  But not having any flour tortillas in the house and not willing to go out in the rain to get some, I had to improvise for dinner last night.  I had bought some of the new (to our area) White Queso Velvetta and wanted to try it in something.  What I came up with turned out to be a huge hit with everyone.   So, I figured I had better get it down somewhere so I can repeat it later.   

Chicken Enchilada Pasta Bake

2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
1 cup chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can rotel, drained
8 oz. sour cream
16 oz. white queso Velvetta, cut into cubes
1/2 teas. Cilantro
1/2 teas. chopped chives
1/4 onion, chopped
1 box Rotini pasta, boiled
2 cups shredded mexican cheese or Monterey Jack


Boil pasta.  While that is cooking, in a large skillet,  combine soup, sour cream, rotel, and broth. Bring to a simmer. Add Velvetta cubes and herbs.  Simmer while stirring to melt cheese.  Add chicken and onion. 




To drained pasta add sauce. 
Put into casserole dish and top with shredded cheese.  Cover with foil and cook for 35 minutes at 375 degrees or until bubbly.  Take foil off for last 5-7 minutes.

1 comment:

Becki@Just The Three of Us said...

Sounds delicious! I will have to make this! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!