Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Black Bean Burgers



I made Black Bean Burgers for lunch today.  In my continuing quest to better my diet I am trying to cut out some red meat.  Thee are a hybrid of several black bean burgers I've either had in restaurants or recipes I've found over the years. 

The burger ingredients:

2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 teas salt
1 teas black pepper
1/2 teas garlic powder
1 1/2 teas chives
1/2 teas paprika
1/8 teas cayenne pepper
1 chopped red pepper
1/2 diced onion
1 teas lime juice
1 egg


In a food processor blend 1 can of beans with egg, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chives, paprika, cayenne pepper and lime juice until blended.  Place in mixing bowl and add second can of beans, chopped red pepper, onion and bread crumbs.  Mix thoroughly and form into 4 patties.  

Cook on a lightly sprayed grill pan.
I like my onion and pepper fairly big, chunks really. 
I usually make a double batch and freeze the unused patties.  Place between wax paper sheets and freeze.



I serve my burgers with melted cheddar cheese on top, Kraft Sandwich Shop Mayo Garlic and Herb, and romaine lettuce.  So yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!