Sunday, February 19, 2012

16


The day I have been dreading has arrived. I feel like tonight she will go to bed still a child of 15.  And tomorrow she's going to wake up a grown up 16.  This week has been a big one.  Drivers Ed.  Me standing and watching her drive the car into the driveway after going to the DMV for her learners permit, all excited because she likes her picture (who likes their DMV picture??)     We had planned a big weekend trip into Dallas with friends for shopping and an overnight stay but a while back she decided she wanted to just spend the weekend with us.  Yesterday she and I went shopping, had great Mexican food and enjoyed some time together.  I am certainly not complaining about her choice. 
Some of the celebrating has been put on hold today due to my father being hospitalized but she has gotten her presents all a day early and tomorrow night there will be cake or cake pops (depending on how ambitious I get tomorrow). 
She is still such a great kid.  I am so blessed. 

1 comment:

Becki@Just The Three of Us said...

I missed this post. How is your dad? I hope everything is ok. Sorry I didn't comment before. :-(

Happy Birthday again Madison! I love family birthday celebrations!

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!